Asphalt Pavement Non Destructive Testing (NDT)
Asphalt Pavement Condition Assessment
We specialise in asphalt pavement condition assessment to establish pavement deterioration and current conditions. The pavements we assess include roads, airport runways, aprons & taxiways and port hardstands. We also specialise in bridge decks. Typically we use Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) and provide easy to read reports summarising all key findings and anomalies.
You need to ensure asphalt pavement is laid to specification. Our methods help you do this non destructively and ensure:
- compaction is uniform and sufficient
- asphalt thickness is known and the depth is uniform.
- after laying your Hot Mix Asphalt (HMA) pavement, you know as soon as you can open the road again to traffic.
- Roller mounted real-time compaction monitoring for soils and asphalt layers
- Measures compaction uniformity
- Links pavement design (modulus), roller compaction (stiffness / modulus indication) and testing (field and laboratory